This blueberry parfait is healthy enough for breakfast and decadent enough for dessert. Jar it up for an easy picnic food, a treat for the kids lunch boxes or breakfast on the go or plate up with some edible flowers for a fancy plate at home.
There are three components to the dish, the toasted granola, coconut yoghurt and blueberry compote. For the coconut yoghurt I like Nudie coconut yoghurt, it's the closest I've come across so far to natural yoghurt in the vegan yoghurt world and the ingredient list is really short. If you don't like a lot of granola with this dish just store the remainder in an airtight containers for up to three weeks. Have it on top of your regular cereal, on top of nicecream or mixed into an apple crumble topping.
Maple and Vanilla Granola
100g rolled oats
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
1/4 cup of puffed rice or other puffed grain (amaranth, quinoa, buckinis are all nice)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of coconut sugar (optional)
1/4 tsp pink salt
150g of blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp maple syrup
Zest of 1 small lemon
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of coconut yoghurt
1. Start preparation of the granola by mixing all the dry ingredients together first until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Add in melted oil, syrup and vanilla extract. Mix with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
3. Spread evenly in a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes, taking out to stir every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
4. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
1. Place all ingredients for compote in a heavy based sauce pan.
2. Simmer gently on a low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Allow to cool completely.
1. Divide the compote evenly by spooning the mix into four jars.
2. Spoon two tablespoons in each jar.
3. Scoop in a few tablespoons of the granola. Serve immediately or keep jars in the fridge for up to three days.