These bubble bars are super easy, nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free & vegan! They’re the perfect snack to have in the freezer for hungry tummies after school, or when that sweet tooth craving hits after dinner.
This recipe is perfect for customising. Try a mix of your favourite puffed grains like quinoa, buckwheat or millet. Add a scoop of peanut butter or your favourite nut butter for a richer treat, or melt some high quality, organic dark chocolate for a drizzle or drip. Like it fruity? Add in some roughly chopped dates, apricots or goji berries.
2 cups of puffed rice
¾ cup desiccated coconut
6 tbsp tahini
4 tbsp rice malt syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
Pinch of pink salt
60g of high-quality dark chocolate - optional
1. Mix together in a small mixing bowl the tahini, rice syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. Oil hands with a little extra coconut oil, then pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and use hands to gently crumble together until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Press mixture into a lined loaf pan, small square baking dish or individual muffin tins.
5. Place in the freezer to set for two hours or overnight, then cut into bars and enjoy.
6. Keep in an airtight container in the freezer.
Optional: Once cut into bars, melt high-quality dark chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over bars. Use remaining chocolate to dip the bottoms of your bars in.
Share your creations with us on Instagram using the #newcastleveganguide tag!