This recipe is made utilising the brilliant gluten-free flour by Monica's Mixes, available from The Wholefood Collective in a great 2kg bag, perfect for home bakers.
Feel free to substitute your favourite GF flour blend.
2 small sweet potatoes
¼ cup coconut oil melted
¼ cup of your favourite nut butter, almond/coconut/sunflower all work
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3c Monica's Mixes GF flour
⅔ c coconut sugar
½ c cacao
½ c roughly chopped walnuts
½ cup roughly chopped dark chocolate pieces
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg celcius.
2. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and roast in skins for 20-30 mins until soft.
3. Remove from oven. Turn oven down to 180.
4. Cut potatoes in half and allow to cool.
5. While cooling mix remaining wet ingredients together in one bowl and mix the dry ingredients together in a separate large mixing bowl.
6. When potatoes have cooled slightly mash into wet ingredients.
7. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. If the mix seems to dry add a splash of water.
8. Pour mix into lined loaf pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
Serve up with a big scoop of cacao nice-cream.
Share your creations with us on Instagram by tagging #newcastleveganguide